Greetings from your Covenantal Elders.
Due to health concerns our Elders positions and assignments are in flux. We are currently seeking interested folks to join a training class. Qualifications for an Elder are: Love of Jesus Christ and his church, active involvement in a UCC congregation in CSEOA, spiritual maturity, experience with the wider UCC church, ability to listen and report joys and concerns of congregations to association leadership, team players who can link needs and talents, articulate about the association and the role of an Elder. We need both lay and Authorized persons as Elders.
Covenantal Elders are committed to:
- Contacting your assigned churches monthly via email, text or phone
- Visiting each of your churches quarterly (worship, social event, meeting, …..)
- Praying for your congregations and their leadership
Reminding congregations about association meetings and events and the covenantal relationship we all have:
- Gathering information about the mission, gifts and challenges of each congregation and its leadership and reporting these to the association
- Monthly written reports of your activities in your role as Elder
- Attend training meetings and organizational gatherings
Please prayerfully consider your calling to serve and contact Rev. Linda with interest.